Saturday, October 07, 2006

Let me introduce myself (kinda)

This blog is basically a dumping ground for things that are rattling around in my brain. The Hi-Fives tune "Welcome To My Mind" has a lyric that has an apt description: "I'd like to introduce to you the corners of my mind..."

So let me start by explaining the origins of the name of this blog. "Sitting Here Reminiscing" hails from a lyric from the Buddy Holly song "Reminiscing" (circa 1962). I learned of this song via a cover version by The Beatles from the 2-record set The Beatles Live! at the Star-Club in Hamburg Germany; 1962. My copy of this album was the European edition, which had the following lineup:

    Side One:
  1. I Saw Her Standing There
  2. Roll Over Beethoven
  3. The Hippy Hippy Shake
  4. Sweet Little Sixteen
  5. Lend Me Your Comb
  6. Your Feet's Too Big

    Side Two:
  1. Twist And Shout
  2. Mr. Moonlight
  3. A Taste Of Honey
  4. Besame Mucho
  5. Reminiscing
  6. Kansas City / Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey!

    Side Three
  1. Nothin' Shakin' (But The Leaves On The Trees)
  2. To Know Her Is To Love Her
  3. Little Queenie
  4. Falling In Love Again
  5. Ask Me Why
  6. Be Bop A Lula
  7. Hallelujah, I Love Her So

    Side Four
  1. Red Sails In The Sunset
  2. Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby
  3. Matchbox
  4. I'm Talking About You
  5. Shimmy Like Kate
  6. Long Tall Sally
  7. I Remember You


The American edition of the album omits "I Saw Her Standing There", "Twist And Shout", "Reminiscing", and "Ask Me Why". These tracks were replaced with "I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry (Over You)", "Where Have You Been", "Till There Was You", and "Sheila". But I digress.

Much like lounging around listening to records, I will be sitting here reminiscing for this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home